Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2008 Honda Accord..air conditioning runs fine for about an

2008 Honda Accord..air conditioning runs fine for about an hour and a half. Then the air gets luke warm and speed of the fan slows down. If you turn off the car for a little while the air works fine for a few minutes but them does the same thing. If the car is allowed to completly cool the air works fine for another hour and a half to 2 hours and then does the same thing as above. Please help!
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is caused by the evaporator freezing up, , this will block the airflow and not allow cold air to circulate, then after you shut it off, the evaporator melts and it work fine again, until it freezes over again, the freezing is caused by a bad evaporator temp switch, it is not shutting off when the evaporator gets too cold, this is common, replace the evaporator temp switch and you should be good to go,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks! Is that something a mechnic has to do or can we do that ourselves? If a mechanic has to do it how much does that usually cost?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
this requires the system to be evacuated and recharged, this takes special equiptment, so a Mechanic is advised, this job at my shop cost about 250, parts and labor,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL