Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

freelander td4 05 2.0 hse . im losing power..per hour..all the Hoses

I have a Freelander TD4 05 2.0 HSE . I'm losing power when i'm between 110km -120km per hour (maintenance light flicks on then off). I have changed all the Hoses but it is still happening although inconsistant ? thoughts ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Im not sure which hoses you have changed but its not likely to be that Im afraid.

Regardless of age etc - renew the diesel fuel filter - Landrover have halved the recommended mileage service change schedule on these because of problems such as this , so thats worth doing now / first ..and will very likely cure your problem altogether for you.

IF not - then you need to have the vehicle checked diagnostically, with fault code tests first and then if that doesn't reveal anything, plug in live data testing to check the fault on the road as and when it occurs to identify it and then it can be fixed from there..

But do the fuel filter first... they should be changed every 12,000 miles now to avoid such issues.

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.