Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2002 Chevy Venture: ac freeon..no leaks indicated..repair shop to home

2002 Chevy Venture. Had AC freeon added 3 times with green dye test prior with no leaks indicated. (within 3 months ) Worked from repair shop to home. Next day no cool air. Before the first time I took it to shop, white vapor or fog came into car from vents and then we no longer had cool air. Repair shop now says it could be the evaporator. Don't know how to proceed.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

this does sound as if you may have a busted evaperator core

tims auto repair :

the onlt way to fix this ,is to replace it

tims auto repair :

only

tims auto repair :

do you need diections?these arent easy

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

ALL THE BONUS MONEY THAT I RECEIVE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE WILL BE DONATED TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS FOR TORNADO RELEIF IN THE MID WEST AND DEEP SOUTH

Customer:

No. Will take it in for repair. Is this an expensive proceedure?

tims auto repair :

yes

tims auto repair :

give me a second,and i will give you a time frame........it will depend on how much the repair shop will charge per hour

Customer:

Would appreciate that

tims auto repair :

this will take about 9.8hrs

tims auto repair :

this does not include the chargeing the system

Customer:

Thanks for your help. Didn't know if I was getting a "run around" from auto repair shop.

tims auto repair :

well.i would think they are right...sense the fog came out of the vents

tims auto repair :