Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

it wasnt getting fuel I rebuilt the carb and replaced..Mechanical

Customer Question

My 1986 pup with 1.9 liter engine quit abruptly. Thinking it wasnt getting fuel I rebuilt the carb and replaced in line filter. Mechanical fuel pump is working fine. Neither attempt fixed the problem. Now what? Also I use super unleaded without ethanol.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 5 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.Have you tested to see if it has spark? Remove one of the plug wires and insert a screwdriver into the wire boot and place it about 1/2 inch from ground (bracket. or metal valve cover) and then have someone turn over engine and see if it shoots out good constance sparks, Thanks, let me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much for your time, but I have found the problem and fixed it. I did not have the spark you were asking about. I also checked the coil and did not have voltage coming from the battery. It turned out to be a fuse under the hood that I replaced. Runs like a charm. But what caused the fuse to blow.

Sincerely

Chris
There is a chance that the coil has high resistance,and may have caused fuse to blow,or if a wire is bare Thanks