Mechanic Martyn
Mechanic Martyn, Mechanic
Experience:  Advanced trade certificate in Automotive engineering
17982882

Holden VZ Commodore Hi there. VZ Commodore, V6. SRS dtc

Customer Question

Hi there. VZ Commodore, V6. SRS dtc P161. My info says configuration mismatch. Could you elaborate please?.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mechanic Martyn replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Could you check that code again please it is usually a P and 4 digits not just three.

A code with SRS in it though is about airbags generally. So it will more than likely be a loose harness to a sensor and the computer is picking up the fault as it does it's initial self check.

Check that number and get back to me.

Regards

Mechanic Martyn

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. I know that the code is airbag related. I use a Hannatech scan Pro, and I got the fault code going in through srs airbag. The air bag warning light stays on in cluster. The code is definately P161, and in my tech info all it says is configuration mismatch. In the past when we have had clock spring or pre tensioner fault codes, it tells us what circuit to look at. This is the kind of info I hope you could supply to me.

Hello again

I have looked through my fault code listings for it and I have nothing with that code so I will opt out and see if one of the other techs can find it for you.

regards XXXXX XXXXX