Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician. 30+ years in the car repair business.
10906483

2009 cadillac cts: left front..sheared..tranmission..a new bolt

I purchased a 2009 cadillac cts that sustained a major hit in the left front. It appears that it has sheared a small diameter bolt off at the rear of the tranmission at the rear crossmmber of the transmission and now it is pourng out fluid when the car is running. It appears a short section of the transmission, where the bolt is, could be removed and replaced and a new bolt installed. Is tha possible and how expensive? Thanks

Dj :

Hello and thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. I'm Dj and I will work with you on this.

Dj :

I believe the part you are talking about is the transmission tail housing. Here is a picture.

Dj :

If that's the part, I would expect the cost with labor to be just short of a thousand dollars.

Dj :

This is going to be difficult to find used, which means you will have to get it at a dealership. Labor should be around $200-$300.

Dj :

If this isn't the part you are talking about, let me know and we'll go from there.

Dj :

Dj