Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

1997 Suzuki: V..6 engine, transmission and transfer assembly in this X

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Suzuki X-90. I love the little vehicle but it is grossly under powered and I would like to know if I could put a late model Suzuki V-6 engine, transmission and transfer assembly in this X-90? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Car
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, This can be done, but it would be very expensive, the entire wiring harness would need to be replaced, and also the computer and all its companion parts would need to come from a later model V-6, your best bet would be to find a wrecked newer X-90, and use all the parts from it, but the labor would still be very expensive to swap these out, but it is doable, but not economicly