Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

1997 lincoln town car: theft mode how can i get it out and stop lights

i have a 1997 lincoln town car that went into theft mode how can i get it out and stop lights from flashing
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 3 years ago.

Kalamykid :

You have to lock and unlock the doors with the key, then turn the ignition switch on but do not start the car, and the alarm should go out.

Customer:

tried that it did not work

Kalamykid :

do you have a keyless entery pad on the door, ands do you have the code for it?

Customer:

i dont have the code

Kalamykid :

will the car start?

Customer:

it started one time after i turned it off it will not crank and dash lights are blinking

Kalamykid :

do you have the battery disconected now?

Customer:

i dont right now but i did

Kalamykid :

let em look up this system and see what we can do to disarm the alarm. Be right back

Kalamykid :

Will the lights and horn stop if you let it sit for 3 minutes?

Customer:

the lights do quit but it still will not crank and dash lights blink

Kalamykid :

Can you open the trunk and look on the hinges for the deck lid, there should be a small oblong sticker that will have some numbers on it " the numbe will be a 5 digit number" ?

Customer:

okay give me a minute i will be right back

Kalamykid :

Ok this is the factory defalt code of the keyless entery.

Customer:

93798 is the code

Kalamykid :

Reconect the battery, with the doors closed and the keys in your pocket. Put this code in at the key pad and see if the alarm will shut off.

Customer:

okay

Kalamykid :

thankyou

Customer:

that code work as far as unlocking the door but it is still in theft mode

Kalamykid :

That is not good. When you first disconected the battery, did you have the doors open?

Kalamykid :

Or the key in the ignition switch with the switch turned on?

Customer:

the door was open but key was not in the ignition

Kalamykid :

IS the battery still conected3now?

Customer:

the battery is connected

Kalamykid :

If not please reconect it, making sure the doors are all closed, and then open the door. The alarm will go off, close the door and let it keep going off for three minutes. Let me know if the lights stop flashing on the dash, and the out side lights , but do not open the door pleasse.

Customer:

okay

Kalamykid :

I have to step out for amout 15 minutes, will be right abck.

Kalamykid :

ok i am back.

Customer:

still did not work

Kalamykid :

After you let it sit for 3 minutes did all the lights stop blinking?

Customer:

the lights go out less than a minute but it still will not crank and dash lights still flash

Kalamykid :

Can yu see how long it takes for the dahs light to stop flashing please? remeber do not open the door, just look through thewindow please.

Kalamykid :

All i nee you to do right now is see when the lights stop flashing, do not try to start it or open ithe doors, or put the code into the key pad.

Kalamykid :

Do you have the hood closed? If not close it as well.

Customer:

when you open the door then close it the signal lights flash for about 20 seconds then go out with the doors closed and the key out of it the dash lights are not flashing

Kalamykid :

make sure that you have all doors closed, the hood closed, and the deck lid is closed and pulled down tight.

Kalamykid :

Then lock the doors with the power door lock, then close all the doors and wait till the lights all go out and enter the code on the key pad to unlocck the door and see if the alarm has been reset.

Customer:

okay its going to be a minute i am going to have to fix the trunk it will latch but not pull down

Kalamykid :

Was this a problem before you replaced the battery?

Kalamykid :

With the trunck not puling down?

Customer:

yea

Kalamykid :

Ifthe intrusion switch for the trunk is not closed the alarm cannot reset. Let me see what the location for this switch is so we can fool the system into thinking the trunck is closed.

Kalamykid :

If yu look at teh latch for the trunk, there is a black flap on the deck lid side, push it up and hold it in the up position and use somethig to keep it in the up position, and the alarm should resest. with the key pad, or unlocking the doors with the key.

Kalamykid :

i need to run get some parts, will be back asap " probably 20 minuts".

Kalamykid :

ok I am back

Customer:

i tied the switch closed but it is still not resetting

Kalamykid :

Look at the wires to the trunck latch. See if there is a plug that has a white wire with a purple wire in the plug. If there is unplug the plug, and try to reset the alarm. You have to lock and unlock the doors to reset it.

Customer:

tried it but still does not work

Kalamykid :

and the hood and all doors are closed when you try to reset the system?

Customer:

yes

Kalamykid :

and you are locking the doors and then unlocking them correect?

Customer:

yes

Kalamykid :

And you unpluged the plug with the white/purple wire correct?

Kalamykid :

Do you have a digital volt meter to do some testing with?

Customer:

i appreciate the help but i am going to let a locksmith look at it. I believe its beyond my expertise.

Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience: I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q