Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  38 years Import and Domestic

my anti-lock brakes were in action..very low speed..pulling..flicker

Good morning, a few days ago i noticed that it seemed like my anti-lock brakes were in action when i was leaving a parking lot at very low speed but went away. this morning when i was pulling out of my parking space at home i noticed the traction control light flicker a bit but went away. and then when i turned the corner the SERVICE BRAKE ASSIST info came on the dash and then SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL came on as well. the SERVICE BRAKE ASSIST stayed on during my ride to the gas station. after getting gas and started the engine again it came back on, and then went off when i pulled out of the station. during the ride to work it stayed off but when i got near work the tracton control light started to flicker again. but nothing else. any ideas. Matt
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Barlogio replied 2 years ago.

Jim Barlogio :

Welcome to Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX remember to give me all the information that you have so we can get to the root of your problem --- .... Sounds like you have a wheel speed sensor problem that is activating your ABS system. Next step would be to use a scanner to read any codes and watch the wheel sensors in action What year and make of vehicle

Customer:

yes i forgot, 06 chevy monte carlo ss 5.3 ls4 fwd 64,000 mi. runs well

Jim Barlogio :

Let me check for any most likely patterns with your car.. be right back

Customer:

thank you

Jim Barlogio :

I find none... so your next step is to scan or have it scanned .. It requires a scanner that can read data for abs, etc.. Tech II , Snap On < OTC ,, would be a few ones capable. That is my best advise at this time.. If you can obtain the codes I can help you further.. Jim B

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX is still under warranty, i am hoping it will be ok until monday am so i could take it to the dealer. i have some rides to take this weekend with my wife. the brakes seem strong, will it be ok to wait till monday am.

Jim Barlogio :

You should be , but I have been working on cars for 40 years and know that is one thing I can not promise. If it only happens at low speeds you should be ok.. but the earlier you have it checked the better.. Jim

Customer:

thank you

Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 38 years Import and Domestic