Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Can we drive a 2005 at 110 k/ Hour on highway . Is that safe?

Can we drive a 2005 at 110 k/
Hour on highway . Is that safe?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 5 years ago.

110Km/hr = 68 mph

yes the smart is perfectly capable of running safely at this speed, if yours feels nervous on the road then I'd 1st check that the tyre pressures are correct to those stated in the manual , if this is OK then its also worth making sure that the suspension geometry is correct as if a camber or rear toe setting is out then this would make the car feel nervous,

I'd recommend taking the car to a place that does 4 wheel suspension alignment, most places use the back wheels as a datum and assume that they are perfectly straight and true. Often this is not the case and many modern cars are now adjustable at the rear as well as the front.

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -up without referring to each other and should only cost around $70