vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech
Experience:  25 years GM factory trained ATA UK registered

cooling fan..radiator..control started it was out again

Customer Question

Iave a vauxhall zafria 1.8 yreg sometimes it just cuts out with no warning and it will not start again untill you leave it for a minute or so then it start ok . then it will go for two or three weeks with out doing it again sometimes longer .When it does the cooling fan for the radiator is running and the car will not start untill it stops running . last time it happen I noticed the control indicator was flashing the enigne one but once the car started it was out again .
Category: Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to just Answer , There is a known fault as this and a repair to the engine coolant temperature sensor which includes replacing the sensor and its wiring plug with a much better gold plated terminal .

Your sympoms are exactly the same as the repair bulletin , there is an extract below with the part numbers that you will need to order from Vauxhall.

I hope this helps , best regards XXXXX XXXXX
Spare-parts: Part-No.: Catalog-No.:
Sleeve, cable, wire            90543865                12 86 663 connector                    
Hose, shrink, wire harness 90543875 12 86 666
Adapter kit, gold plated       93174557                62 86 420
Coolant temperature sensor 93174208 62 38 266 (Z14XE, Y16XE, Z16XE, Z16YNG)
Coolant temperature sensor     12992783                13 42 571 (X18XE-1, Z18XE, Z18XEL)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where would I get the spare parts from
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
From a Vauxhall dealers parts dept. the part numbers are .........................

Sleeve, cable, wire 90543865 Hose, shrink, wire harness 90543875
Adapter kit, gold plated 93174557
Coolant temperature sensor 12992783
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to bother you again but Iam having trouble getting these parts .I tryed my local vauxhall dealer but he was as helpfull as every he had never heard of these parts and was not intrested in helping .Iave also tryed some addresses online but had no success .Do you happen to have an email address or phone number of any places to try .
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
Hi. these part number will probably superseded due to computer changes , they may be non stocked by the factory , the dealer needs to check availability with Vauxhalls .

If it comes back that they are unavailable then replace the sensor with a new standard unit and examine the connection for corrosion .

Best regards , Vauxdoc .