Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

why there is no current going to the plugs

Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
chevy s10 1996 2.2 ltr,(NNN) NNN-NNNNiles change E.I.C module

ok

tell me how and when this problem started?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the engine was running i heard like a spark then she went dead one week ago

ok

sense you have no spark,the problem may be the crank sensor,,this is located on the side of the engine block

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

ALL THE BONUS MONEY THAT I RECEIVE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE WILL BE DONATED TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS FOR TORNADO RELEIF IN THE MID WEST AND DEEP SOUTH

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Service and Repair

Crankshaft (CKP) Position Sensor
Crankshaft Position Sensor

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

1. Raise the vehicle. Suitably support the vehicle.
  2. Remove the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor harness connector at the module.
  3. Remove the CKP sensor mounting bolts.
  4. Remove the CKP sensor from the engine.
  5. Inspect the CKP sensor O-ring for wear, cracks or leakage. Replace if necessary.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Install the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor into the block.
  2. Install the CKP sensor mounting bolts. Tighten Tighten the CKP sensor mounting bolts to 8 Nm (71 lb. In.) .
  3. Install the CKP sensor harness connector.
  4. Lower the vehicle.
Locations
Crankshaft Position Sensor
icon_note_blank.gif Engine Wiring, RH Side
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.