Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

I have a serious scrape in my right rear fender

I have a serious scrape in my right rear fender. Can I fix this myself? If not, will insurance pay for it? Will my rates go up?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 5 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.Did this happen in a parking lot, where you could not see who did this or was it self infected? And do you have full coverage insurance? And if you do, do you have a deductible? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tried to park in a very narrow parking space in an underground parking garage and sideswiped a concrete support pillar. The car is new, so I have full coverage, with a $1000 deductible.

Have you talked to a body shop about what it would take to repair this (get an estimate, And let them know that you have a $1000.00 deductible!) Many body shops can work around this,And with this kind of deductible,in most cases your rates wont increase,if this is the first! Thanks