Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Transmission Tech - Management Master Winner 3rd place Entire US Southeast region #1 after masters
17290852

landrover..fault readings..no forward gears..Transmission Speed Sensor

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Landrover Discovery. The fault readings are P0722 and P1590. I have no forward gears, and I have replaced the Transmission Speed Sensor with no results. Where should I go from here?

Dave
Category: Car
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Sorry but if it has Reverse, your issue is internal & the transmission needs rebuilt........Just to the Facts......Sorry again I hate to give bad news......Thanks Joey
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I cannot accept your answer. I am also a mechanic, and I have the equipment to problem solve system failures. There is no indication that the transmission needs to be replaced. There was very little residue in the pan when I removed it and the oil was normal. The two fault codes that I sent were the only problems that came up when I went through the system. Thank you for your reply. Dave

Ok, ill opt-out.......Sounds like striped splines to me ( ZF-4HP22/24) model unit......Take Care