Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  California smog licensed, ASE ceritied in L1, A6, A8 for over 30 years professionally
25319281

I have a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo, having problems with the anti-theft

I have a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo, having problems with the "anti-theft and Immobilizer system".
Only when cranking do I have a problem. It will crank for about 2 to 3 seconds & then quits. It won't start back until you take the key out of the ignition & wait for about 10 or 15 seconds. Reinsert the key , It always cranks but you don't know whether it's going to start or not. This happens 1 to 4 times. Tried both keys , the same. It does have a keyless entry. The (car-key) picture on the instrument panel does light up & flashes when it's not going to crank. Don't where to go. Dealer is about 40 miles. Can you help? thanks, Tim

Jim :

Sometimes the immobilizer control unit needs to be reprogrammed, if that doesn't fix the problem, either the control unit is faulty or the antenna/ring on the switch may be defective. Reprogramming takes care of these issues 70% of the time.

Customer:

O.K. I can accept this, sounds like I will still have to take it to a dealer. If any different let me know. thanks again.. Tim

Jim :

You can have a locksmith come out and they can program the immobilizer system,

Jim :

Not all locksmiths have this capability,but a lot do, so you may need to do some calling

Customer:

O.K. thanks

Jim :

Thank you for using just answers.