Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist
19741685

1994 mitsubishi Diamante es: diagram..car door

Customer Question

diagram on how to install car door windows for a 1994 mitsubishi Diamante es
Category: Car
Expert:  marcpod replied 3 years ago.

marcpod :

Welcome what kind of diagrams are you looking for my friend?

Expert:  marcpod replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 3 years ago.

My name is Dale.

Here is the information from Chilton's online database with respect to replacing your door wind glass.

I hope this helps you.

Sincerely,

Dale

Glass & Regulator
After the door panel is removed, remove the insulation from the door

To access the door components, peel back the plastic weatherproofing

Click to Enlarge
Remove the door glass-to-window regulator retaining screws

The regulator is retained to the door by bolts located at the top . . .

. . . and also at the bottom of the door

1. Lower the door glass.

2. Remove the door panel and moisture barrier.

3. Using a non-marring tool and a cloth pad, gently pry the belt molding up and off the door.

4. Remove the inner glass stabilizers.

5. On front doors only, remove the glass guide slider.

6. Support the bottom of the door glass and remove the two mounting bolts holding the glass to the regulator. If the glass is not supported, it will fall into the door when the bolts are removed.

7. Remove the door glass by lifting it up and out of the door.

8. Remove the installation bolts holding the regulator to the door.

9. If equipped with electric windows, disconnect the wiring to the window motor.

10. Remove the regulator through the access hole in the door.

To install:

1. When reinstalling the regulator, apply a light coat of multipurpose grease to the moving parts.

2. Install the regulator and tighten the bolts finger-tight.

3. Beginning with the lower left bolt, final tighten the regulator retaining bolts and proceed in a clockwise pattern.

4. Connect the wiring to the window motor, if applicable.

5. Install the window glass. If the vehicle is a hatchback, tighten the rearmost glass mount first. If the vehicle is a sedan, tighten the front bolt first.

6. Operate the window a little bit at a time, checking the fit of the glass in all dimensions and all positions. The window should fit evenly in all channels and operate smoothly throughout its travel. Adjustment is generally not needed, and difficult to perform. If adjustment is necessary, remove the window regulator and elongate the mounting holes in the door. Before this measure is undertaken, check carefully for bent or damaged components.

7. Reinstall the moisture barrier and the door panel.

8. Connect the negative battery cable.

In addition here is a picture of the door itself;

Dale

Door mounting exploded view—1997–00 Diamante

Diamante

Finally, here is a link to the wiring diagram for the doors:

http://content.chiltonsonline.com/content/images/9315/images/93156b40.pdf

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
would like to know if there is a bettter diagram on how to install door windows for a 19994 mitsubishi diamante
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is there a better looking diagram on how to install car door windows for a 1994 mitsubishi diamante
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
need step by step inststruction on how to install car door windows for a1994 Mitsubishi Diamante es must be able to read the diagram.

Thank you for your response. At this point I would advise you to either find a Master Service Manual for your vehicle or go to the Dealers Parst Dept. and ask them to print off a expanded view of the door. They have the specific data.

Sincerely,

Dale

If this source and information I researched for you, I would appreciate it if you would accept my answers so I get paid for my work and research. This is how I amable to provide this service for people like you.

Have a Blessed Day,

Sincerely,

Dale

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am not satified with your answer why should i say i am and long as it took you to get back with me i am not please

Well I am sorry that you feel that way. The information you requested is extremely hard to find and I did give you 2 dfferent ways to find the information above and beyond the information and diagrams I was ableto find for you. I do everything possible to please my customers but there is only so much I can do via a computer. My customer acceptance and track record for the last few years is running over 98%. So, I am not sure what you expect for $ 18.00 (of which I just get a portion) when shop labor in a automotive shop is running between $ 75.00 to $ 125.00 and hour.

I wish you the Best with your vehicle.

Have a Blessed Day,

Sincerely,

Dale

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks for your help but i do want you to know i wasn't satisfied with your answer but i will accept it so you can get paid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No,

I do not want you to accept the answer if you are not satisfied. I just wanted you to be able to see how hard it is to find this information.

Sincerely,

Dale

PS- I went back to a different database and the best I can come up with is a 97 and up door diagram. I BLEW IT UP FOR YOU. Maybe it will help a little:

SEE IF THE DIAGRAM i ADDED HELPS AT ALL.

Dale

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if i could get abetter picture of what i am looking at i wouldn't be so unsatisfied i can't evening blow the diagram up so i can see them and i do know how much it cost for labor thats why i wanted the diagram so i could do job myself.

The blow up you sent me shows me how to take the pannel off i need to know how to install the windows

OK my friend,

Try this:

Door Glass and Regulator

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Fig. 1: After the door panel is removed, remove the insulation from the door

Fig. 2: To access the door components, peel back the plastic weatherproofing

Fig. 3: Remove the door glass-to-window regulator retaining screws

Fig. 4: The regulator is retained to the door by bolts located at the top . . .

Fig. 5: . . . and also at the bottom of the door

1. Lower the door glass.
  4. Remove the inner glass stabilizers.

To install:

11. When reinstalling the regulator, apply a light coat of multipurpose grease to the moving parts.
  12. Install the regulator and tighten the bolts finger-tight.
  13. Beginning with the lower left bolt, final tighten the regulator retaining bolts and proceed in a clockwise pattern.
  14. Connect the wiring to the window motor, if applicable.
  15. Install the window glass. If the vehicle is a hatchback, tighten the rearmost glass mount first. If the vehicle is a sedan, tighten the front bolt first.
  16. Operate the window a little bit at a time, checking the fit of the glass in all dimensions and all positions. The window should fit evenly in all channels and operate smoothly throughout its travel. Adjustment is generally not needed, and difficult to perform. If adjustment is necessary, remove the window regulator and elongate the mounting holes in the door. Before this measure is undertaken, check carefully for bent or damaged components.
  17. Reinstall the moisture barrier and the door panel.
  18. Connect the negative battery cable.

Electric Window Motor

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

The window motor is an integral part of the regulator assembly. Refer to the door glass and window regulator assembly procedure above.

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Fig. 1: Remove the inside door release handle cup retaining screw . . .

Fig. 2: . . . then remove the inside door release handle cup

Fig. 3: Remove the inside pull handle retaining screw cover . . .

Fig. 4: . . . then remove the inside pull handle retaining screw

Fig. 5: Release the front retaining clips, and lift the handle and switch assembly from the door panel

Fig. 6: Detach the electrical connectors from the door lock and window switches, then remove the switch plate/handle assembly

Fig. 7: Remove the two front door panel retaining screws . . .

Fig. 8: . . . and also the rear retaining screws from the door panel

Fig. 9: Lift the door panel straight up to unhook it . . .

Fig. 10: . . . then remove the door panel from the vehicle

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. If equipped with manual windows, insert a shop towel behind the window regulator handle and push the retainer clip outward. Once the clip is removed, remove the window glass regulator handle and escutcheon.
  3. If equipped with power windows/locks, remove the escutcheon panel (control panel) and detach the electrical connectors.
  4. If equipped, remove the door grip/pull handle mounting screws and the grip from the door panel.
  5. Remove the door pull handle cover. Remove the pull handle, if equipped.
  6. Remove the door trim panel retaining screws.
  7. Pull the door panel gently from the door. The panel is retained by spring clips. To separate the clips from the door, slide a small prytool behind the clip and carefully pull the clip, with the door panel, outward. Try not to bend the door panel or damage may occur.
  8. Once all retainer clips are separated, remove the door panel assembly.
  9. Carefully remove any retainer clips that remained in the door during panel removal. If damaged, replace the retainer clips.
  10. If necessary, remove the waterproof film from the door.

To install:

11. If removed, install the waterproof film from the door.
  12. Install and missing or damaged retainer clips into the door panel.
  13. Install the door panel onto the vehicle. Push retainers into the holes in the door until they lock into position. If any clips do not lock, replace with new ones.
  14. The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.

I do not understand why you cannot blowup the pictures. I have clicked on them and they open right up.

Hope this helps.

Dale

Dear Friend,

Did the last pictures and script give you enough information to do the window door glass your self? If so I would apprecciate it if you would accept my answer so I get paid for my work and research.

Sincerely,

Dale

Experience: 40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist