Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist
19741685

1999 Isuzu: electrical problem..brake light..brake fluid level

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Isuzu Wizard (Rodeo) 5 door, diesel SUV and have an electrical problem in that the dash panel hand brake light is on continuously. I have checked the wiring and switch at the handbrake and the brake fluid level but can not find the problem. Is there something else wired into this circuit? A copy of the wiring diagram would be beneficial.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 5 years ago.

I do not know if you have someone you are trying to reach by calling them a "Wizard" but I am a long way from being a Wizard. I did go into the data base and find a schematic for the Parking brake system on your 1999 Rodeo. You can view it at: http://content.chiltonsonline.com/content/images/WD/Isuzu/900/WD_Isuzu_900908.pdf

I did notice that the schematic says that the parking brake light manual switch is closed with the brake on.

Maybe this will help you figure out what the problem is.

Sincerely,

Dale

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dale, Thank you for the schematic on the brake warning system it confirms my visual inspection of the system but does not immediately offer a solution to why the brake light is on continuously. Is there any further information on the Fuse Relay Box, Meter Assembly and Electronic Brake Control Module.

Yours Truly

Yes Wayne,

There are 3 or 4 other schematics under the Brake system. Please stand by. It takes a while to find them.

Dale

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello again Dale,

All five images sent were the same and have not given me any more information than that you originally sent. The brake system warning light box shows a reference to indicators would this traffic turning indicators and if so could these cause the brake system warning light to be on continuously?
Cheers