Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.

GT: Bentley..Continental..AWD...No manuals with vehicle

just bought at auction 2006 Bentley Continental GT AWD. No manuals with vehicle. Question #1. Can not open hood. Hit button in interior of car, hood pops a bit, cannot find lever to open rest of way. The little "B" on hood also pops up a bit. No one can figure it out.
Question #2. Rear windows (both) will not go all the way up. We were told the battery was a little low from sitting, but with charging these would probably go up. No luck after charging. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  CarDoc replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Jason.
I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

Which battery are you charging? There are two in this vehicle. The accessory battery in the LR trunk area controls the windows and most everything else on the car other than starting.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hi Jason,

He is charging the RR battery. He will switch but we cannot figure out how to attach the charger to this battery is very different than the RR(its very straightforward). Can you give us directions on hooking it up to the charger.

Also, do you have any idea on what is happening with the hood release. (my second question).

I will be happy to click on the acceptance if you can answer my whole question....not to worry. Thanks.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 years ago.
Hello there. This is eurocar!! The battery on the drivers side is a special glass mat battery. 9-10 chances is that the battery needs to be replaced. Then a scan tool will be needed to setup the basic settings for the window operation to work correctly again. What happens there are multiple codes for low battery voltage. And needs to be cleared from all modules and then the basic settings needs to be set. Once that has been done then the vehicle will work properly
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience: Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.