Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

ferrari 308 gts gts Hi I have got an ferrari 308 GTS. The

Hi I have got an ferrari 308 GTS. The handbrake does not grip poperly. I have changed wires and the braking pads are ok. It still is a problem to get handbrake to work properly.
This is the last thing I have to fix to get registration papers on the car..
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 5 years ago.

i'd try greasing all the pivot points on the handbrake mechanisim especially where the cables make their turn in the little pulleys under the car and that the center pivot also turns freely - also adjust the tension of the cables as tight as possible without the brakebinding as you turn the wheels by hand

Also check that the ratchet lever on the brake caliper moves freely and slowly cranks the inside piston forward if the lever is worked by hand if this doesn't move try twisting / unscrewing the piston to try and get it to move