Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

1991 Isuzu: recently bought..ten minutes and it will crank..same thing

My son recently bought a 1991 Isuzu Stylus. It wil drive until it gets warmed up and then stalls out. He lets it set for ten minutes and it will crank right up and he can drive a few more minutes and then it will stall again and the same thing over.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 5 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.The issue that your son is experiencing sounds to be the ignition control module (very common issue) The module circuit gets hot then the circuit opens and vehicle dies untill it sits and module cools down, Take a good look at the ignition control module. Thanks,let me know if I can be of any further assistance!