Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

transmission service..filler plug is located.on..turbo diesel cheers

hi there im doin a transmission service and need to no were the filler plug is located.on a land rover discovery 3 turbo diesel cheers XXXXX XXXXX help me?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
There is oil fill/ level plug on the front of transmission pan. Remove plug and check fluid level. Transmission must be at ambient temperature (just slightly warm to to the touch). Start vehicle, place foot on brake and run transmission selector through all gears. Leave engine idling fill transmission using fill hole until fluid runs back out hole when fluid comes out it's full. Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no oil fill/level plug at the front of the transmission pan, the only a plug at the bottom of the back of the pan. Are we talking about the Land Rover Discovery 3? The only fill plug that I can find is on the right hand side of the transmission just above the pan. Do I need to fill it from there while the car is idling?
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Yes fill it there vehicle off until the fluid comes out. Then get the vehicle warm run through the gears open fill if fluid comes out it's full if not then you need to add fluid until it comes out. These are the next steps. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.