Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

Brake peddle..one of your fitters said to bleed the brakes

I have a 55 plated Rexton my brake peddle will gradualy go to the floor if I let it return and press it again it goes halfway down one of your fitters said to bleed the brakes sometimes the peddle will go rock hard with very little braking power
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.What is happing here, Is the master-cylinder has a seal that is not holding pressure,(inside the master-cylinder there are 2 seals and 2 plungers). When applying pressure,pushing the pedal it pushes pressure against the second plunger, then forces it forewards,and inturn applys pressure to the brakes, if one of the internal seals or plungers are distorted or has pitts or corrision,(very common issue, due to the fact we tend to over-look changing brake fluid, moisture tends to cause it to break down) Then at times the pedal will sink down wards,due to loss off pressure with-in the master-cylinder, Replace the master-cylinder,and bleed the system(this will flush out old fluid) Thank-you Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you with this issue!