Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Hi i have two codes and want to know what they are

hi i have two codes and want to know what they are and how to repair the first is p0107 and also p0341
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

What year, model, make, and engine size of vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1999 chevy malibu 3.1
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Check for a loss of 5 volts on the Gray wire to the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor. Check the signal voltage on the Green wire. Inspect the wire harness by the connector at the coil. Wiggle tug test the wire harness and check for a glitch. Check the power and ground feed to the cam sensor for missing. It should have 12 volts on the Red/White wire and a ground on the Black wire at pin C of the sensor. Disconnect the cam sensor and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), and verify that the Brown/White wire is not open or shorted to ground. If all are OK, plug the sensor back in and probe the Black wire at pin B. See if there is a square wave signal while the engine is running. If no signal, then replace the cam sensor.

P0107 MAP Sensor Circuit Low Voltage - With Automatic Transmission

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • MAP sensor connector is damaged (inspect pins for damage and for moisture)
  • MAP sensor Ignition circuit open, or it has high resistance
  • MAP sensor signal circuit is shorted to ground
  • MAP sensor has failed
  • PCM has failed
DTC P0121, P0122 and P0123 not set; engine running, system voltage from 8-18v, TP angle over 0% with engine speed less than 1,000 rpm, or more than 10% with engine speed more than 1,000 rpm, and the PCM detected the MAP signal was less than 0.10v for 3 seconds. The MAP sensor signal should be a low voltage with a low signal MAP (i.e., at idle speed or deceleration). The MAP sensor is also used to determine the BARO (pressure). This occurs when the key on, engine off. The BARO reading is also be updated whenever the engine is at wide-open-throttle (WOT).

This code sets in 2 Trip(s).
This code will turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)

P0341 CMP Sensor Performance - With Automatic Transmission
Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • CMP sensor connector is damaged (inspect pins for damage and for moisture)
  • CMP sensor signal circuit is open
  • CMP sensor signal circuit is shorted to ground, or shorted to voltage
  • CMP sensor has failed (it may be cracked or damaged - check reluctor wheel)
  • PCM has failed
Engine running; 3X REF pulses received, and the PCM did not detect a CMP sensor pulse during every engine revolution. The PCM compares the number of 24X and 3X pulses to the CMP sensor pulses to check for an error. During cranking, the IC Module monitors the 7X crankshaft position sensor signal. Once the IC Module determines spark synchronization, 3X reference signals are sent to the PCM. The PCM will command all six injectors on for one priming shot of fuel in all cylinders. After the priming, the injectors are left off for the next six fuel control reference signals (two crankshaft revolutions). This allows each cylinder a chance to use the fuel from the priming shot. During this waiting period, a cam pulse will have been received by the PCM. The PCM uses the Cam signal pulses to initiate sequential fuel injection.

This code sets in 2 Trip(s).
Dan, Technician
Experience: Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database