jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

infiniti g35: my radiator..my heat wont..20 minutes..temperature hands

Customer Question

I changed my radiator and now my car is running hot. i then changed my thermostat and my car still running hot and plus my heat wont get hot......never had any problems like this before...please help!!!!! plus the car can idle for 20 minutes without runnning hot until i put it in drive and pull off the temperature hands goes straight up.....2003 infiniti g35
Category: Car
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 5 years ago.
hi, I would let this run with the cap off for 10 minutes then shut it off and let it cool down for at least 20-30 minutes ,this will allow the air to be purged out of the system ,you may have to repeat this a few times ,if you did not have a overheating issue before the radiator replace, ,if you did have a overheating issue or running hot and replaced the radiator because of a leak check to make sure the cooling fans work ,these should come on around 210-225 degrees,make sure they are plugged in and also you can turn on the a/c to check them also,,I am sure that if you did not have a problem before the radiator then just purge the cooling system ,like I stated...guy...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The reason i replace the radiator is because my fan blade broke and put a hole in the radiator..i put a new blade on it...
ok,do the procedure I posted and let me know /.....guy..