Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

your car running..more gas..True or False and wouldnt it also depend

Some people say it is more cost effective to leave your car running as opposed to turning it on and off as "turning the ignition requires more gas". True or False and wouldnt it also depend on how long the car is running? - How long would it have to be running before it isnt cost effective?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

I remember when I was in school we had a discussion on this..The outcome was its more cost effective to shut off vehicle, only the old carburated vehicled could possibly use more gas by starting.