Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Isuzu Ascender LS I just changed the spark plugs in my 2004

Customer Question

I just changed the spark plugs in my 2004 Isuzu Ascender inline 6 cylinder. I put it all back
together and it runs rough when I accelerate. The check engine light is also on and occasionally it will flash while I am driving it. What could be causing it to run rough?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Spark plug gap should be .8-.9mm (.0315-.0354in) if good then it sounds like one of your coils happened to fail at the same time. You will need to have vehicle connected to a high end scantool that shows live cylinder misfire data then swap around a coil to see if misfire moves and if so replace coil.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I set the gap at .044 is that too much? Found that information on the web for my car.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like thats the problem, change gap and let me know.