Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Scion xa: you diagnostic a alternator..reverse..brake light

how would you diagnostic a alternator short for 05 scion xa because my car would go in reverse nor will the brake light work
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

It sounds like brake light switch may have failed which is located at top of pedal. You can disconnect switch and jump wires together to see if lights come on, if so replace switch.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
why won't the car go in gear. Also the tester CanOBD 2 & 1 not responding
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

It wont go into gear because the shift interlock solenoid isnt working..Now that you mention obd tester not working, triple check all of your fuses.