Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

1999 Isuzu rodeo 2.2 L. please advise on starter R&R- steps involved.

Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

hi

this should help you

please print

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Isuzu_Rodeo_Rodeo_Sport_1997-2004

Starter

• REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Removal & Installation

2.2L Engine

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
  2. Remove or disconnect the following:

Negative battery cable Starter harness connections Starter motor

To install:

FIG : Starter mounting-2.2L engine image

1. Install or connect the following:

Starter motor. Tighten the fasteners to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Starter harness connections Negative battery cable

2.2L Engines

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
  2. Remove or disconnect the following: Negative battery cableStarter harness connectionsStarter motor

To install:

1. Install or connect the following: Starter motor. Tighten the fasteners to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) for the 2.2L engine or to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm) for the 2.6L engine.Starter harness connectionsNegative battery cable

Starter motor. Tighten the fasteners to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) for the 2.2L engine or to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm) for the 2.6L engine. Starter harness connections Negative battery cable