nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Fiat..the engin will not go over 3000revs under load pulls

hi ihave a fiat sentoe sporting the engin will not go over 3000revs under load pulls great up to this will go to 5000rev of load can you help its a 2001 1.1

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

I would appreciate some further info on the matter:

Billy :

- do you have any other symptoms (idling problems, etc..)

Billy :

- do you have warning lights on dash??

Billy :

- have you checked the battery cable contacts and engine ground cable contacts?

Billy :

- have you checked the timing belt?

Customer:

no other symptoms no warning lights all above ok runs as normal up to 3000 rpm then goes flat if i drop down a gear to take the rpm up it will not pull till it dros back to 3000

Billy :

ok.....

Billy :

I would check the ECM (engine control module) connector....and the engine bay connectors as well......

Billy :

These would be the first to check....

Billy :

I will include the engine bay diagram, so you know where to look:

Billy :

I would also check the fuel pressure...........and replace the fuel filter, if that has not been replaced in a while...

Billy :

The fuel pressure should be 3.5 bars (50 PSI), on your model.

Customer:

thanks for this will check out tomorrow i have two coil packs have not triyed them yet

Billy :

yes.......these might be tried as well........but check the fuel pressure as well....

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

thanks melvin

Billy :

Thank you Melvin for trusting JA and myself.

Customer:

hi i note from your engin bay diagram the lay out is not the same as mine my battery and expantion tank is on the left asyou look from front will this make any diffrance thanks

Billy :

Yes it does make some difference as you have the RHD vehicle (right hand drive)

Billy :

But the ECU should be next to the battery.........

Billy :

And the components can be identified by looking at them (they are the same with slightly different locations)

Billy :

However, the engine should be the same (even locations)

Customer:

hi no luck with what you asked me to do the engin and the lay out is totly differant

Customer:

hi he engin and component layout is totaly diffrent i have compaired my lay out to a 2000 and its the same as mine will this help thanks melvin

Billy :

Hello Melvin,

Billy :

Did you check the fuel pressure etc...?

Billy :

doe your engine bay look like this:

Billy :

or does it look like this:

Customer:

hi sorry to be a pain

Billy :

Hello......it's ok.....and you are right.......there are many variants of your engine, so we need to find the right one, so you can check as described successfully

Customer:

hi sorry to be a pain the fuel pressure is just under 40 lbs cangeged the ciol packs checked the connections that i can reconise from your engin bay picts steel the same the pic of engin bay kmk10252 is the nearest to mine only the air cleaner is not the same mine is on top of the engin wheni start up out of gear and bring the rpm up it flatends of at 300rpm and will not go above same when i am driving runs rough jerks and bangs up to 3000rpm pulls like a trainhope this is of help to you melvin thanks

Billy :

ok so you have the system with one injector (one central injector, called throttle body injection)

Billy :

In that case, the injection pressure is good (40)........as this system works on low pressure.....

Billy :

I would check as following first:

Billy :

- check/replace the fuel filter, which should be on the underside of vehicle near fuel tank.

Billy :

- check the battery contact cables, and the engine ground cable (these should have clean and tight contacts)

Billy :

- check the connector on the injection unit (where the injector is), and make sure you have no air leaks around this unit, and within air intake lines.

Billy :

- check the connector on the engine control unit (number 10, in the diagram, the one looking like yours)

Billy :

I'm considering that you have good coils, spark plugs...

Billy :

So in short, check for any air leaks, or any loose or disconnected connectors or wires........

Billy :

After that, you would need to check the sensors themselves, TPS (throttle position sensor), and even the timing belt, as is might have skipped a notch or two......and in that case, it would need replacing.......and for that, i will include the timing diagram so you check that as well:

Billy :

Having checked these, and if everything is up to norm, and yet the problem persists, you would have to get the vehicle on a scan tool, to read the live data, which should tell which component is "misbehaving", and you take it from there.....

Billy :

PS: get back to me if further info is needed....

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself!

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

hi thanks for that give me somthing to do melvin