Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Small suv that gets great gas mileage and goes from 2wd to awd

Customer Question

looking for small suv that gets great gas mileage and goes from 2wd to awd
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

My name isCustomerXXXXX I have been working on all different types of vehicles for over 10 years.

Are you just looking for a recommendation on a SUV that gets good gas mileage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, Which one would you buy? I need it to go into awd if it isn't always in awd. I am a real estate broker and need to put clients in the car. I also like leather heater seats I curently have a diesel liberty jeep loaded. I don't love the diesel part.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
I can certainly make some recommendations for you.

Asian vehicles are most likely the best and most reliable vehicles on the road. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi and so on..

However, Ford does make a decent SUV. The Ford escape hybrid is a pretty good vehicle as well and I do believe it comes in 4wd, or all wheel drive to fit your needs.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Which vehicale out of all the asian brands do you think hold up the best and gets the best gas mileage? I wonder if there is an economical high bread?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
The Honda CRV, the Toyota Rav4 and the Ford Escape are the best selling SUV's on the road.

However, the first two are not Hybrid vehicle. But the Mazda Tribute does make a Hybrid SUV that gets about 30 miles to the gallon and it is all wheel drive.

Here is a list of SUV hybrids.