Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2003 Suzuki: hose..I think it came loose while R/R the egr valve.

2003 Suzuki XL7. Small hose that seems to run down to the transmission is not connected on the other end. I think it came loose while R/R the EGR valve. There doesn't seem to be any other hoses running down to the transmission, so that should narrow it down a bit.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Is this a single rubber hose running up from the transmission?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, single rubber hose. It's graphicgraphic not very long, I have attached some bad images.

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
This hose should just be the vent hose for the transmission. It does not connect to anything, the vent hose must remain open on the end. It just routes up into the engine compartment to prevent water from entering the vent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The end seems so clean, in comparison to the other things under the hood. That was one of my concerns, in that I had been rooting around in there when I took out the EGR valve. I had seen a reference in a Suzuki forum post about a hose that connects between the throttle body and the transmission, but it was for a different year/model. Any chance of it being something else. I just don't see any open places...

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
There are no other hoses running to the transmission, this is not like the older models that had vacuum modulators on the transmission.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks...once I replace the TPS tonight, I should be good to go. So, if I accept now and still have a question regarding this, is that covered?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Yes, once you have accepted, I will continue to provide follow up for you.
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification