Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2003 isuzu: engine light coming..keeps coming..diagnostic machine

Customer Question

have a 2003 isuzu motor that has the engine light coming on all the time. i have had the oxygen sensors changed but it still keeps coming on. all diagnostic machine tells me it is the oxygen sensors but this cant be .
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi welcome to JA.com.I will answer your question the best I can,

Get me the code you have for this issue ,

Getting a code for an O2 sensor does not mean this part has to be replaced ,there could be a number of reason when you have this code.

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont know what code you need the technician just said that the diagnosis was that the oxygen sensors needed replacing... sometime when the car idles it seems like it is goning to cut out. we have removed the fuse under the bonnet and put it back and the engine light goes off. you can be driving along and the engine light just comes on. when you turn the car off and restart the light doesnt come on. i am at a complete loss...even the holden manufactures dont know.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi let me explain the Engine light for you (

Check engine light comes on when the engine management system has detected a problem with the emission system.(fuel injection).

When the light comes on the ECM will store a code or codes in its memory for the testing technician to retrieve and decode,with his dealer diagnostic scan tool .

After decoding the found codes he will be able to see what problems you are having with the fuel injection system.

He will retrieve codes like P0300 or P1304 (example)

Code P0300 is a random misfire, from this he will see where and what he will have to diagnose for a correct repair or replacement of parts

If you are having a misfire then to much driving like this could cause catalytic converter damage ,

If the repairs are carried out correctly,the check engine should not come back on .
after the codes are deleted. .

What you will have to do is get the codes from the testing Tech that worked on your car.

With this code or codes i can assist you with this issue.

Kind Regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i wasnt given any code nos otherwise i would give them to you
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi

I take it you paid for a diagnostic at the shop ? ask them to give you the code or codes.
they are obligated to give you the codes that they read on the paid diagnostics.

See if they still have them otherwise you will have to have them reread

once you have them post them here for us to check out for you.

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am still looking for the paperwork to get the codes
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
OK once you have them let me know.

Regards Greg