Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Drove..my 02 freelander and it didnt start..spark plugs

Customer Question

I drove 6 hours away from home, slept the night and went to start my '02 freelander and it didn't start. I am not getting any spark to my spark plugs. . . i looked at all my fuses and found they were all fine. Relays aren't burnt or smell smokey. why no spark to plugs? they are all new now. . .
Submitted: 5 years ago via AllDataDIY.
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
One common issue with those is failure of the cam position sensor or the crank position sensor. They will not throw a code in the computer but will cause a no spark condition. This is just one possibility and I cannot say for sure. But without it being checked in a shop changing those are your best bet for a fix for a no spark issue. Change the cam sensor first.