James, Technician
Experience:  6 years automotive 4 years mining electrical

2010 SX4: Crossover..6,300 miles..take a long time cranking to start

Hi. I have A 2010 SX4 Crossover, 6,300 miles on it. About once a month (at most) it will take a long time cranking to start, but will start. No check engine lights, no idiot lights, just a long (20 seconds plus) time to start. It has done it when already warmed up and on cold starts. Haven't brought in in for a check; I assume I'll have to wait until it doesn't start to get it diagnosed. Any ideas?
Hi there

like all of these issues they are harder to diagnose unless the issue is present at the time on inspection

From what you are telling us it sounds like it could be either a crank angle sensor playing up or an issue with your fuel not primming up correctly. if not a computer issue

If you do experience this issue again why not try disconnect the posive lead from the battery and reconnect then try and start the car

Your Suzuki being a late model car should have no issues hoking up to a OB2 scanning tool if you are about to go in for a diagnostic scan.This should shead some light on what is going on without spending any money on the car. You car should be recording codes of what component is faulting when your unable to start.

I hope this assist you with your thoughts.

If i can be of assistance in any way please feel free to ask

Regards Joel