Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!
5624692

of a sudden my car started shaking, especially the steering wheel

Customer Question

Hello. I hope you can answer my car problem question because I'm hearing a lot of different things. Yesterday I was stopped at a red light when all of a sudden my car started shaking, especially the steering wheel. Then my car died completely. Could not start it at all and it needed to be pushed to the gas station. After several attempts the mechanic was able to start my car, took it for a drive and could not explain what the problem was. He gave me the name of a tow truck company for when it happens again - not comforting! Please let me know what you think. Thank you so much.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 6 years ago.

Mazda Ed :

Hello!

Mazda Ed :

Any recent repairs?

Mazda Ed :

Is it running ok right now?

JACUSTOMER-gc4kdf0y- :

No recent repairs. A couple of months ago, on the coldest of winter days the heat would not turn on, but other than that no problems and I drove it for about an hour after it died. It seemed okay.

Mazda Ed :

Ok, is the check engine light on?

Mazda Ed :

?

JACUSTOMER-gc4kdf0y- :

I have no idea what that is.

JACUSTOMER-gc4kdf0y- :

Anyone out there?

Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 6 years ago.
The Check Engine light is a light on your dash that comes on with the key in run but goes out when the vehicle is started. Do you have any dash lights that stay on after the vehicle is running?