Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  California smog licensed, ASE ceritied in L1, A6, A8 for over 30 years professionally
25319281

1997 BRAVADA: SMART TRACK ONLY AFTER DRIVING ABOUT 8 MILES..TRUCK

I HAVE A 1997 BRAVADA WITH 4.3 AND SMART TRACK ONLY AFTER DRIVING ABOUT 8 MILES IT STARTS BUCKING AND SURGING WHEN EXCELRATING THEN SHORTLY AFTER THAT I HEAR NIOSE UNDER TRUCK SOUNDS LIKE MARBELS IN HUB CAPS WHITCH COMES AND GO'S.I REPLACED THE FULE FILTER,EGR,AND PLUGS, HELP
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim replied 5 years ago.

Jim :

We have seen the crank shaft sensor cause this type of problem, however there are many other things that can cause this problem. It could be any input sensor or the Power Control Module itself, in order to get an exact fix a snap shot of the computer inputs would need to be looked at when the problem is happening.