Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

My -96 Turbo R suddenly stoped...fuses

Customer Question

My -96 Turbo R suddenly stoped. Starter works, all fuses okay, ground okay but no electricity to to fuelpump. Any sugestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.

Eurocar Inc. :

hello there!

Customer :

Eurocar Inc. :

hello and can you give any more info on the vehicle?

Eurocar Inc. :

is the check engine light on in the dash when the key is in the on position

Customer :

It´s a 1996 Bentley Turbo R. Low milage and all services has been done.

Eurocar Inc. :

ok how about the second question

Customer :

I, not quite sure but realy I belive so because all the otrer indicatorlamps and clocks on the dash is working.

Customer :

Coming to think of it, the lamp works!

Eurocar Inc. :

need to make sure because the ecm controls the fuel pump and need to know if the if the light is not on then need to tackle the powers and grounds to the ecu

Customer :

It works.

Eurocar Inc. :

ok then do you have a 12 v test light?

Customer :

Yes!

Eurocar Inc. :

the next thing is to check all fuses w/ the 12 v test light connect the aligator clip to a good ground and the tip go to each fuse and test each leg of the circuit of the fuse w/ the key on . the fuse has 2 slits that you can access the leg of the fuse to test. if you have 1 leg has power and the other not replace that fuse and continue. note some fuses may not have power on both legs (usually light circuits)

Customer :

All fuses are checked by eye, and is found okay but the slits are not checked by testmeter.

Customer :

What about the relay? I suppose the pump has a relay? How do I check that it works?

Eurocar Inc. :

i'm trying to get the wiring diagram for the fuel pump circuit but not gotten yet and usually takes some time

Customer :

I'm waiting. No problems.

Customer :

Can I jump the fuelpumprelay?

Eurocar Inc. :

yes that was the next thing to do on my list but i'm still having trouble in getting this diagram. apparently bentley is having site issues beyond my control

Customer :

Is there any other general advice you can give me if the relay is found okay?

Eurocar Inc. :

i hate to give you the wrong advice due to the fact that you have a zytec engine management system and the electronics are way different than motronic . i do not want to cause more headaches for you w/ wrong information

Eurocar Inc. :

i do really appreciate your paitience in this but i will come through !

Customer :

Thats okay! No problems.

Eurocar Inc. :

hello again so far i have very little info till monday i did not forget you at all and still trying to help out!!

Customer :

That's great.

Customer :

Customer :

I will start to tackle the problem in the coming days. You have been more than helpful and I come back if I can't find the problem.

Customer :

By for now and thank you.

Eurocar Inc. :

HELLO AGAIN!

Eurocar Inc. :

i did get w/ my contact and waiting for the information and other info that i may need for you !! just an update