Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

1992 Isuzu Trooper: check engine light..dash turn signal I

I have a 1992 Isuzu Trooper the check engine light comes on after about 3 miles of driving this has been for a while the light goes out when I stop at a light the new issue is the check tranmission light will come on blinking and this happens when I am driving I have to find a place to pull over turn the vehicle off wait a few minutes and start it back up and then it is ok a couple days ago it did that and all my dash lights started flashing I could he a clicking that sounded like my turn signal I pulled off the road and as I was slowing the car stalled again I turned everything waited a few minutes started it up and drove home where it has remained. The check transmission light has been happening intermittently for the last 2 -3 weeks,
Category: Car
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
As I am driving down the road @ 55 mph all my "dummy"lights will start to flash (seat belt, cruise control, fuel, auto theft etc. and if the motor for a/c or heat is on it will click on & off I have to pull the vehicle off the road shut it off wait a few minutes then retry to make it back home. Please let me know what may cause something like this
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
The first thing you need to do is get your battery tested or replaced and check your codes. If the check engine light is coming on there are codes stored that will provide clues as to what the problem is. The parts store can check the codes for you. An internal short in the battery can cause all kinds of problems and needs to be ruled out.