Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

universal: oil filler..filler cap..my oil cap is missing.

can a universal oil filler cap be used on a 2002 daewoo lanos? my oil cap is missing.
Hello: Yes you can use what is called universal oil filler cap on this engine.The venting on this engine is not done through the oil filler cap.Thanks let me know if I can further assist you with this matter.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does it matter if the cap is a push on cap or twist on? It appears the orginal cap had a grove for a twist on. I found several , 12 to be exact universal oil filler caps online at vehiclpartmart.com but the online agent they don't carry caps for my car....Daewoo's aren't made anymore and I find it hard to believe you can't find an oil cap.....by the way this is my son's car....thanks
The push on rubber type cap will work just fine,(make sure it not too loose,just good and snug) Thanks