nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

my 99 Range..Range Rover..airconditioner book symbol warning light

On my '99 Range Rover what causes the airconditioner "book symbol" warning light to activate even though the sytem is working ok?
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 6 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

When a fault is detected by the control module, the warning light goes on.......and the fault is stored in memory.

Billy :

Some times it is a "ghost fault", meaning that the fault is not really there.......and it was stored for no apparent reason......

Billy :

However, you may reset the system, by removing the battery cable for a minute or so............but be aware that you would need the radio code after that.........and the clock would also reset.......

Billy :

Having reset the system......the warning light should not go on again............if it does, that means the fault is there, and you would need to have the vehicle scanned, in order to retrieve the fault code, which should tell you which component(s) or wires need attention or replacing.......

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

Billy, The book warning doesn't always come on. Has it something to do with heat. I live in a very hot climate. Andrew

Billy :

Hello Andrew,

Billy :

It could have something to do with heat (overheating), but it could very well be something else.....

Billy :

The only way to confirm, would be having the stored fault codes read, to find out, which component(s) needs attention or even replacing......

Billy :

It could be related to another system (not necessarily A/C)....

Billy :

And if the warning light is coming on many times, then resetting by removing the battery will get us nowhere....as the light will come back on....

Billy :

So have the scan test done, and take it from there.

Billy :

PS: once you have the codes, you may get back to me with these, and i should be able to explain what these mean....

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy