Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2005 Tahoe: cd 6-pack radio..replaced radio fit and it lite

i bought a am/fm cd 6-pack radio from a salvage yard. The tag on the radio said it was from a 2005 Tahoe. I replaced my am/fm radio from my 2007 Isuzu i-290 truck with the one i bought from the salvage yard.
The new radio fit and it lite up and showed the time and Locked. How do i get the codes so that i can get it Unlocked. I have tried holding down the 2&3 & 1&4 that i got from other sites and no code was shown.
Is the wiring from the am/fm only different then the wiring for the am/fm cd?
The wiring is the same. The problem is that these newer radios (2000 and newer) do not use codes like the older radios. They instead have the vehicles VIN number programmed in. To unlock the radio you will have to have the VIN programmed with a Tech 2. This is the GM dealers scan tool. Some independent shops in your area may also have a Tech 2 and can perform this programming for you. They should not charge a lot to do this, it takes under 10 minutes.