nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Rover..it towed to the dealer ship

my rover is displaying engine disabled and my remote does not work, can i avoid having it towed to the dealer ship? thanks!

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

Do you have the four digit security code, found on the vehicle security card?

Customer:

yes

Billy :

Great!

Billy :

Then you need to proceed as following:

Billy :

1. Using the ignition key insert it into the drivers door lock.

2. Turn the key anticlockwise to the locking position and back to the central position 4 times.

3. The first digit - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the unlock position (only the drivers door will unlock) then back to the central upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the first digit on your security card.

4. The second digit - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anticlockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the second digit on your security card.

5. The third digit - Turn the key clockwise to the unlock position again, the number of times shown on the security card

6. The fourth digit - Turn the key anticlockwise to the lock position again, the number of times shown on the security card.

7. Once this has been completed turn the key to the unlock position once.

If the code has been entered correctly, open the door and the red flashing LED light on the dashboard will stop. You will now be able to start the vehicle.

Billy :

Inputting the code that way should enable the vehicle.........however, if this does not work, you may try for three times (after that you'll have to wait for 30 minutes to try again).......

Billy :

But if all that does not work, then you need to tow the vehicle to dealership, or anyone having the tesbook scan tool or autologic scan tool, to test, reset the system or even replace any faulty component....

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself!!!

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

anticlockwise is to unlock the door

Billy :

some range rovers have clockwise turns to lock, and some anticlockwise.......the main thing being that you turn to the locking direction (clockwise in your case)....so just turn the other way....

Customer:

Thanks Billy!!

Customer:

My car started right up....Land Rover said I'd have to have it towed.....you just saved me bunch of $!