Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

200 R reg imobalizer..engage..Key Fob batteries are fine

Customer Question

My daughters Rover 200 'R' Reg imobalizer keeps refusing to dis-engage. Key Fob batteries are fine, and as it is so much of a recurring problem, is there any way to by pass it completly?
The car is not worth spending money on having much spent on it.
Any idea's guy's? this would be appreciated. Mike.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok you can not bypass the system completely unfortunately . Have you tried disconnecting the battery with the key in the ignition where the radio would be on then reconnect the battery this usually will reread the key . I would try this next . Unless the transponder ring around the ignition is bad that reads the key which is also common but you would need the code to be sure. I would start here next.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. Thank you for that information, I will try that shortly and see what happens.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Do you mean with the key turned so as the radio can be heard before disconnection the battery?
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Yes correct . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It will be at least 1.5 Hours before I can get to test this out on her car, but I promise to cone back to you and let you know what happens. Mike.
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Not a problem we can always continue for no further charge after clicking accept. Im here when you need me.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that. I am happy to pay now for this advice, but do not whish to have a monthly subscription, so please accept payment and my gratitude for your help so far.
I will obviously give the necessary positive feed back for you on conclusion.
Kindest regards.
Mike.
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend CA$3 to view this post. Spend CA$3 and view all the answers to this question (you have CA$23 in your account).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kindest regards.
Mike.

Hi There,

Thank you so very much for your help it worked first time.

Could i just ask you please, as the other things we tries in the past, removing the fuse, disconnecting the bettery, then putting th fuse back and reconnectting. and the one with the heater control up full turn ingnition on for 30 sec's then turn off heater and turn key, all worked for one time only and did nothing on further attempts.
Could it have been that the key was not on the first turn that prevented it from working, and finally, the fix you have give is great, and if it goes the same way again with the same process work every time ot will this only work just the one time like the others?

Thank you again for your help I will be giving you the best possible positive feed back.

Kindests regards.
Mike.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Fantastic, and words can not thank you enough.

Very well done.

ps How can I ensure you get the best possible positive bonus points?
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Just click bonus then feedback after the accept . I'm here if you ever need anything else.