Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

My car revs on start up

My car revs on start up. plus it's throwing a code P1684. What is wrong with it. It also stalled when I put it in reverse.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

2000 dodge intrepid 2.7 I dont know how many miles because motor was replaced 1 1/2 yrs ago . The mechanic forgot to get the mileage for this motor so I never got it. over 100,000 i would imagine

sorry i missed you

this code means that the computer has lost power,maybe the battery has been replaced or some other part..if not,you may want to do a load test on the battery and charging system,the battery or the alternator may be going bad

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Trouble Code: P1684

Battery Has Been Disconnected

Possible Causes:

Quick Learn procedure was performed with scan tool TCM battery direct (B+) circuit is open or disconnected TCM power ground circuit is open PCM/TCM was disconnected or it has been replaced