Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

why is my 1997 isuzu rodeo still running hot

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 years ago.
Run it and get it warm. Then feel all over the radiator. If there are cold spots then you have a clogged radiator, it will either need to be flushed or replaced. If the radiator is good then you need to have a chemical test done on the cooling system for exhaust gas. You may have a head gasket leaking which will cause exhaust gas to enter the coolant and cause it to overheat.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My radiator is leaking now but before that it wouldn't run hot while it was cold weather.
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 years ago.
Could definitely be a clogged radiator, not enough flow to keep it cool when the temperature is warmer. If you do get the radiator replaced make sure you have the thermostat put back in, it will actually help cooling with a new radiator.