Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Rear wheel..I had a loose bearing on my ac compressor..loud

I have a 98 Freelander, and I've only had it 4 months but she's been nothing but trouble to me so far. I've just had the two rear wheel bearing's replaced any my mechanic said I had a loose bearing on my ac compressor.

He has fixed it and the AC works perfect, except the AC is incredibly loud. Can anyone tell me how this would be, and how can I have it fixed. I just want to sell the car now.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the a/c compressor only noisey when the a/c is on, or is it noisy all the time,even when its off?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tim,

It's only noisy when the a/c is actually on. When it's off it doesn't make any noise at all. The noise from the compressor is louder than the actual engine!!!

Please help me, I'm hoping to have the problem rectified ASAP so I can sell the car.
if it only is making noise when the a/c is on, then there is a bad bearing in the compressor, and the compressor will need to be replaced,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Tim, I just had my car looked over by my mechanic who failed to rectify this in the first place and he said the same thing. Thank you :)
Anytime my friend,tim