HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:-What year is your Car?-What make and model is your Car?
-What exactly are you looking for? Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Below is the installation procedure,
1. Install camshaft sprockets with bolts and locks. Tighten bolts finger tight. Install timing belt
onto camshaft sprockets in a counterclockwise direction. Continue installing timing belt,
making sure timing belt teeth are fully engaged with all sprockets.
2. Install timing belt tensioner pulley. Tighten timing belt tensioner pulley bolt to 37 ft. lbs. (50
3. Install rubber end plug in rear of tensioner assembly until flush. Ensure plug is sealed against
4. Install actuator bushing into side plate. Install timing belt actuator and actuator side plate.
Tighten side plate bolt to 20 ft. lbs. (27 N.m).
5. Rotate pulley assembly into timing belt a maximum of 11 ft. lbs. (15 N.m) to allow
engagement of actuator shaft into pulley pocket arm socket. Pull the paper clip from the
actuator. Retighten pulley assembly 11 ft. lbs. (15 N.m) counterclockwise to seat pulley into
6. Tighten both right hand camshaft sprockets (bank closest to firewall) to 96 ft. lbs. (130 N.m).
Remove camshaft hold-down from righthand camshaft carrier.
7. Rotate crankshaft one full turn (360 degrees) clockwise, as viewed from front of engine. Align
crankshaft reference marks. See Fig. 3 . Make sure both righthand camshaft flat spots are
down. Tighten both lefthand camshaft sprockets (bank closest to radiator) to 96 ft. lbs. (130
N.m). Remove camshaft hold-down from lefthand camshaft carrier.
8. Rotate engine clockwise (as viewed from front) 2 times to seat belt and verify correct valve
timing. DO NOT reverse rotation. Make sure both camshaft flat spots are up on one bank and
down on opposing bank.
9. Install camshaft carrier covers. Install breather hose and crankcase vent onto rear cover. Install
timing belt covers.
10. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Refill cooling system with 50/50 mix of
water and coolant. Open air bleed valve on thermostat housing while filling cooling system.
Adjust drive belts to proper tension.