Amedee
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

91 Isuzu Rodeo: getting fuel..it pumps then cuts off..Throttle body

Customer Question

Hey guys I have a 91 Isuzu Rodeo Not getting fuel to throttle bod it pumps then cuts off. Good fuel pressure up to the point it cuts off and you hear an audible click from the breaker box. Throttle body type has the "injectors" mounted above. So good fuel to body but after that nothing.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X have been working on cars for over 10 years.

I would rec to check for fuel trigger. Fuel trigger is the signal from the computer to the injectors. You would use a tool called a noid light. It simply plugs into the injector connector after the fuel injector is unplugged and should blink when the engine is cranked over. It looks like this.

graphic
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok would this work with the throttle body and could I just pin it with a meter. The ONLY injector is on top of the throttle body. This thing looks like a regular carb with the exception of 2 injectors mounted over each barrel. NO fuel rail feeding injectors this is the weirdest setup I've ever seen. The injectors run off of what looks like a switch which could act like a fuel regulator as well. Looks like I got a lot of mapping out to do with a meter.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

So do the injectors have power when cranking the engine over?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Probaly not I just finished dinner and getting back to it, you've helped me verify tho. Is there away for me to ask you directly I have not used this Just answer in a long time.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean? Contact me outside of Just Answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No like I said it's been awhile since I have used this service all I had to is simply reply to well this e-mail. Anyway figured it out, it's the ignition mod. Up and running piece of junk that it is. Isuzu should stick with diesel's. Subaru engine not strong enough for the Rodeo's weight.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Sorry for the delay!

I am glad to hear that it is up and running!

Please let me know if you have any further questions!