CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with European cars. Independent European shop owner and technician.

Coolant Alert is indicated..Temperature gauge

I have 2010 Maserati quattroporto. Coolant Alert is indicated. However there is no change shown On the Temperature gauge. No local dealer available. Can I add coolant --
Category: Car
Expert:  CarDoc replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Jason.
I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

You should definitely not put any sort of additive in your cooling system. You will need to check the coolant level when the engine is cold, and if it's slightly low, add nothing other than distilled water until you're able to bring the car to the dealer to diagnose the problem.