Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

96 Isuzu rodeo: negative cable..a few minutes I replaced cable

Customer Question

Undid negative cable from battery to reset engine lightt . On a 96 Isuzu rodeo . After a few minutes I replaced cable . Went to start vehicle and nothing . I thought there might be an anti theft thing . Is there a sequence I need to go through ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 5 years ago.

Mastertech1 :

Hello. When stating it does "nothing" does it crank over , but not start, or does it not even crank over at all?

Customer: It does nothing at all . Have power to everything . But don't try to turn over .
Mastertech1 :

Providing that the battery connections are good, take a look at the under hood fuse/relay box...verify that all fuses and fusible links are good. If so, take ignition key..lock the drivers side door from the outside with the key, wait 30 seconds, then unlock it again with the key. Making sure, of course that it is completely in gear, and see if this resets it. Let me know. Thanks!